ClinicPlus provides comprehensive Occupational Health Management and Consulting services to Mines and Industries in Mpumalanga.
ClinicPlus opened its doors in October 2007. The company was founded by Bertha van der Spuy-Lombaard and Daleen Harmse. The directors of ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd operate under a generally accepted code of practice and conduct. Charity Mtimkulu joined us as Director of ClinicPlus in November 2014.
The Company is a certified Level 2 contributor to BBBEE with a BEE procurement recognition level of 125%.
Current permanent staff: 17. Temporary staff: 3
Sr Bertha van der Spuy-Lombaard received the award for Health and Safety Innovation while working at BHP Billiton and was send to Melbourne Australia to present her innovation.
She was the first woman in BHP Billiton to qualify as an Accredited Six Sigma Black Belt coach and facilitated successful projects in Business Improvement.
She participated in the Business Woman of the Year competition in 2012 and was awarded the National Presidential Trophy for Entrepreneur of the Year.
Sr. Charity Mtimkulu has extensive experience in Occupational Health and is well trusted by the union members, staff members and management of Optimum Colliery and Koornfontein Mine. She boasts with a work record of 29 years at Koornfontein Mine. She was a shareholder at BMS and during that period managed both clinics for Optimum and Koornfontein. She is currently one of three directors at ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd.
- Unique and creative solutions that meet and exceeds the client’s expectations not only by realising the clients’ Occupational Health objectives, but particularly by our strict adherence to the ethical principles of Occupational Health legislation.
- Continuous search for opportunities beyond the agreed business objectives.
- Creative approaches to the clients’ special needs with regards to Generic Mine Health & Safety Induction-, HIV- and TB Programmes etc.
- Multidisciplinary teamwork – this include Occupational Medical Practitioners, Occupational Health Practitioners, Hygienists, Audiologists, Government Clinics, Optometrists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Medical Practitioners, Local Ambulance Services etc.
- Professional quality of services provided by a highly motivated team.
- Strong Occupational Health background.
- 24/7 Availability for Injuries on Duty.
- First Aid Training offered from Level 1 – 3 accredited by Department of Labour
Sister Bertha van der Spuy-Lombaard is the founder of ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd. She has extensive experience in Occupational Health especially in the coal mine industry.
Formal Qualifications: BCur (IetA) Education & Administration; Reg.Nurse/Reg.Midwife/Community Health Nursing/Nursing Administration/Occupational Health Nursing. Other: Accredited Six Sigma Black Belt Coach/Audiometrist/Pharmacology for Nurses. She is currently busy with her Masters Degree in Occupational Health Nursing.
Sister Charity Mtimkulu joined ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd as Director in 2014 and is well known in the coal mining industry especially at Koornfontein Mine and Optimum Coal Mine.
Formal Qualifications: BCur (IetA) Education & Administration/Reg.Nurse/Reg.Midwife/Community Health Nursing/Nursing Administration/Occupational Health Nursing. Other: Audiometrist/Pharmacology for Nurses
Her current portfolio at ClinicPlus is to manage the occupational health centre at Koornfontein Mine until the contract expires. Thereafter she will join the team at the clinic at Nicol Street, Witbank.
Daleen Harmse is the co-finder of ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd and is a qualified Emergency Ambulance Assistant and also trained the students as Basic Ambulance Assistants. She is responsible for writing all the First Aid Manuals and is registered as an Assessor and Moderator. She is qualified in Health Care Management. She holds a qualification in Total Quality Management (UNISA).
She is the HR and Finance Manager at ClinicPlus (Pty) Ltd.
She is also responsible for the Quality Management System at ClinicPlus.